Monday, May 12, 2008

Sandy Dog .. aka Sanders


where to begin .... our beloved family pet ~ had to be put down on Saturday. I have no words to describe her laying in my lap and saying "good~bye" .... animals love unconditionally you know! When I'm angry, sad, happy, confused, ... there she is! Sandy Dog aka Sanders, truly did life with all of us!! She died peacefully and with dignity. I have treasured memories, photos and I kept her collar. If ever you have a chance to DONATE to the animal shelter, I ask that you do.

4 comments:

Lori Renn said...

Sweet Sandy Dog. So sorry for your loss. Doggies do become our family, don't they?

Kim Ross said...

I was so sorry to hear about Sandy Dog when we spoke the other day. Did Sanders enjoy the final trip to Dairy Queen for goodies? :)

One thing that helped me immensely when Spooky passed was creating. It was a class @ Cut 'n Paste where Kaitlyn showed us how to make a shadow box. We put his original paper collar from the humane society, his favorite toy mouse, and a few pictures in it. I'd love for you to see it... and I'd be delighted to show you how to make one.

Jann said...

Michi dear one,
Oh how I know of your sorrow and pain. I miss still....to this day my beloved "Puppers." It took me 4 plus years to decide to get Bentley, and although I love him much, Puppers remains always in my heart and literally there is never a day go by that I do not long for her. You are so right, it is a great loss and putting your "furred child" down is one of the hardest things I have done in this lifetime. I share your tears and hug your heart. Hold your sweet one close as they never really leave your sight....and will warm you the rest of your life.
My thoughts go so with you....:o(
Jann

Brin said...

Michellie-

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure you furr-kid could not have asked for a better mom. It's so hard to say goodbye to such amazing friends.

You guys are in my thoughts.

Brin