Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Life Lessons .... OR should it be conversations with God?!!

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?  Yes! to all of the Q's ~~

 Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. Okay .. let's go Lord .. but I can't really get away ~ can we just talk and 'figure' things out here?

I'll show you how to take a real rest. Lord, I so want rest .. and I also need guidance, directions ... and just ability to get things done! Will You help me with all of that too? Am I being selfish asking for this???

Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Lord, I want to learn from You! I want to see how You do it ... You mastered it all and without sinning! Lord, thank You for YOU!

Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I can't even imagine .. but You tell me YOU can show me!!

I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Lord, I think YOU think I am waaaaay stronger than I truly am ... I told You that I'm tired, worn-out, confused, even dazed ... and more!

Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." (mumbling ...) okaaaay ~ it's a deal! I yearn to be in Your company ... I can't wait to read what Paul is going to say in Acts (my reading plan stopped yesterday and I am so eager to get there today! KWIM?) I want to learn from You ... living freely seems so hard ... and lightly? I'm thinking about being 'blameless' at the moment b/c You call us to 'live' blamelessly NOT to be sinless! (duh! b/c NONE of us are sinless!) and lightly??? a bit clueless here but still I'm getting it and agreeing with You ~ okay .... it's a deal!! I know, I already said that .. I tend to repeat myself to get self to hear it!!

-JESUS in Matthew 11:28-30 MSG

doing LIFE together with JESUS ... what about you??? talk later!! oh and just for clarification: the verbage in blue is the real me thinkin' & talkin'

No comments: