Monday, May 24, 2010

outdoors KITCHEN

Okay ... from propane grill to an outdoors kitchen! This is darlin' D's kitchen. Because YOU do know that one never EVER ever cooks if the temperature is over 92 degrees. (Fondly found in 2nd Hesitations!) I do have a quick story to share. I had never heard of a gasgrill until I met the Reader (Dave & Jean) family. (1977) All they did was click and turn and wallaah ... cooking all year round. In my family we waited, waited, had another glass of iced tea and waited some more for the briquettes to get red hot. Remember? And then I learned about this! And we do cook year-round ~ wouldn't be Christmas without steaks! Well .. it's done. I've given you a 'before' and now 'done' photo. This is so inviting! And I'm sure the place of many many BBQ's to come!!  I couldn't help but place my star outside above the sink! see you all soon!  xoxox, m


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's AWESOME! We still USE A Weber. LOL. Happy Eats this summer & many happy memories!

natalie said...

I LOVE IT! Simply gorgeous!

You know, come to think of it, my dad also had a gas grill that you simply turn on with a switch and voila, my entire life growing up (also the 70s)...this has been the first time that we don't have a gas hook up for our lovely BBQ so we had to go out and pick up a smaller propane one. Sheesh.

natalie said...

YES! WE DO NEED TO TALK!!! ;)

Jann said...

This is beyond cool sistah! How fun! I love it that you have an outdoor kitchen...now who cleans it?....LOL
Glad its done and how is the shed coming along? You little import californian? We miss you here back in the cold fridge lands...LOL...but soon dollin...I will be "homeward" bound!
Miss ya.....