Monday, January 2, 2012

listening ...after a TOTAL & COMPLETE meltdown!!!

“Listen to the quietest whispers of your mind. They are telling you the choices that will help you the most.”
~ Unknown

I’ve always had a temper, but with the Lord’s grace, I usually control it. But yesterday (of all days? really?? seriously??), the old ME raised her ugly head and reminded me she still wants control. TOTAL & COMPLETE ~ added stress didn't make it any sweeter just bitter!!

She’s does this occasionally, but this time I welcomed her for awhile. And wept, and wept ... I couldn't see straight!

I repented a lot afterward, and I was disappointed. I didn't know the old ME still had such power!

Ephesians 4:22-24 says, “You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.” (NIV)

Yesterday was a reminder that I mustn’t let my guard down (NOPE, NEVER EVER EVER - oh and keep my mouth shut would be best!!). I must continually renew my mind, dwelling on God's Word (Colossians 3:16). When I do, the old ME never sticks around.

I think this is where I messed ME up, I've been reading through the Bible using Life Journey 2011 on my SmartPhone ... and yesterday, I had nothin' to read. Well, I had something to read, but did I? Nope!! Well there is my ME problem. Lord, will I ever learn this lesson. So .. onto a New Year to Explore. To Explore your Word, explore my world, explore some more!! And what I know that I know that I know ... to be grateful, gratitude OVER & OVER ... throughout all of my life. Will you join me? in a year of eXploring and gratitude?

No comments: