Tuesday, January 10, 2012

{heart} broken ...

heart broken ... have you ever had a broken heart? If not, you ain't alive! It happens to all of us, for different reasons ~ a heart broken is a heart broken! And it hurts, hurts in different ways depending of who broke it, when and the capcity of the brokeness. And yet, we all want to avoid this ~ it can't be avoided. What I do know it that God designed ALL OF US (you & me!) for eternity. Ecclesiastes 3:11 "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." So brokeness is apart of Gods design so that we realize the 'need' for Him, ~ a Savior, a Redeemer, a Friend, a Love, ... and that everything (that is pure, honorable, right, true) is beautiful for His glory. This tantilizng BIG world is beautiful, yet the worlds satisfactions are too small for any of us. We think "if I was richer, thinner, smarter, prettier, etc." my world would be fine (hunky dorie!) ~ NOPE. Why? I'll tell you why, as I am unpacking this one small verse ~ eternity ... the things of time and of this world WILL NOT, CANNOT fully & permanent satisfy. Time spent with a beloved (priceless), figuring out how to build whatever with someone (isn't about the project but the investment of TIME you've done with that person). What satisfies you? truly satisfies? Possibly a divine appointment that you know than you know (YES! I repeated that 2 times for emphasis) that only God Himself orchestrated to remind YOU of Who He is ... the Lover of your soul, your Friend, your Redeemer, your Savior, your All in All. And my broken heart ... God uses everything for His glory! Then Lord do it! His timing is NEVER late or in error. Okay, then Lord ~ Your will be done ever timely and perfectly. I know I'm preaching to the choir hear (I think I can even hear them sing!!) ... just searching for some, a tad bit of relief of my broken heart.

All because of Christ, m

No comments: