Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Source for our lives ...

“I am the Vine you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5

The Source for our lives will make all the difference in how our lives are lived day to day. It is true, we can succeed and even do well for days, weeks, even years on our own muster. But to truly be successful? To keep on enduring without burning out? To keep on loving when there is not love left to give? That takes drawing eternal water from the Eternal Source.

As mamas we don’t want to give our children a cheap imitation of Christ’s love, we want to give them the real thing. We want them to see Jesus in and through us each and every day. We can only do this when we spend time with Him, allow Him to love on us, allow Him to heal our hurts, forgive our sins. We need to drink from that beautiful Living Water, drink in His grace, His love, His light, in order that we may continue to serve and love our families.

“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10
(where do you go to 'be still?' I have a chair in my bedroom that's my new favO'rite spot!)

“And my God will supply every need of yours according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
(GRACE ... )

Yes, we are weary. There is no time in the day, why is that? There is no peace.

Yet, have you really tried to carve out a little space just for you and Him? Or is it easier to remain busy than to go before the Father? Are you worried about how you might look before Him? Still thinking about yesterday when you yelled at whoever, or how you spent the money on something other than what you should have? Or are you embarrassed that you frittered away precious time on the Internet? (not that I would know about any of these things. me? moi? YES! me/moi!)

You don’t need to clean up to go to Him. He knows your weaknesses, your struggles, your failings. He knows you. And He wants to spend time with you. He wants you to ask Him for help, to rely on Him for your every need throughout the day. He adores you, and is proud of you. Yes, you.

“Lord, my they see the gospel in my daily life?!! And, now rest in His arms and admit your brokenness.” Yes, REST ... even me, moi!!

So, today, I encourage you to fall into His loving embrace. Enjoy the fellowship. Enjoy the grace. And then, when you are filled up, share it with your family.

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!” 1 John 3:1

Are you like me and need to rest in His arms today?
What do you think? Where are you with eternal waters? Where are you with Jesus? call me!! .. wanna go for coffee??

No comments: