Friday, August 12, 2011

to FORGIVE ... why is it so hard for me??

Three Ways to Forgive

1. Be a Screen Door - Like the wind blows through a screen door, let blustry comments, stormy blasts just blow right past. Incidents can only hit hard if you have your front door closed. But having a screen door policy allows some of the pain to blow by, us all hidden in Christ….

2. Only Believe the Best - When you believe that everyone is always just doing their best, that we never war against flesh and blood but against the principalities, that in light of this fallen world and sinful limitations, they truly are doing their best… this changes everything. Love bears all things, hopes all things, believes all things and whatever is good and pure and lovely, think on these things. THIS is where I fall to incredibly short. It's been a hard week, my heart has been broken, I've been physically weakened and ... I can't understand ... I get mad ... the wound gets bigger ~ and then Jesus, asks me "don't you understand he's mine?!" But Lord, he's not listening, doing, living, loving ... I hurt! Jesus, asks me "don't you understand he's mine?!"

3. Tell the Thankful Truth - The truth is, there is always something, a lot, to give thanks for. It might be so close you can't see it or it's so far away you have to squint to even fathom what it is! Consider offering a gift (a word, a hug, a smile, ...) of your gratitude and thankfulness. This kind of grateful truth-telling helps to heal old wounds. If you never ever recieve such a gift consider giving yourself the gift! YOU are precious in His sight!!
2 posts in one day ... this one's been inside for a looooong time and I know I know I'm preaching to the choir on this one ... well, to myself at least. And, yet I think I repeat this one over and over a million times a day!!! Whew ~ happy Friday and have a great weekend.

No comments: